Disce mori online dating kindergeldantrag sachsen anhalt online dating
46) but Ellen seems to have granted it to her younger son Oliver, who was holding it, but not in demesne, at that date. Before 1219 the manor seems to have been held in demesne by John de Littlebury, (fn. 74) Thomas Burton and others and the heirs of Burton, but possession of the manor was evidently obtained by Taylard, since with Grimbald's and Littlebury manors (q.v.) it was inherited by his descendants. 75) John de Littlebury held view of frankpledge in 1279. 76) This privilege was not, however, claimed by the Grimbalds in their manor, although the tenants of the Honour of Huntingdon usually held the view in their manors. 77) It is noted, however, that William Grimbald owed suit of court every month to the court of John Hastings at Barton, (fn. John of Jerusalem claimed to hold view of frankpledge for various tenants in Toseland Hundred, one of whom was a tenant at Diddington. 79) In 1616 Sir Thomas Brudenell, afterwards Lord Brudenell, obtained a grant of free warren in the manor of Diddington. In the south-east corner is an upper doorway to the rood loft. 82) The diagonal corner buttresses are medieval, but two large brick buttresses on the north and a brick parapet are of 19th-century date. 1500, has a blocked four-light window in the east wall, and two three-light windows in the south wall. The 16th-century west tower has a tower arch of two orders, the lower one resting on attached shafts with moulded capitals and bases.
Doditone, Dodington, Dudington (xiii cent.); Dydyngton (xiv cent.).
The parish of Diddington contains 1,292 acres of land.
The soil is loam and the subsoil mainly Oxford Clay. The village street lies just off the east side of the main road from St.
Neots to Huntingdon and contains several 17th-century timber-framed cottages. Thornhill, the lord of the manor, and near it is the church.
On the north side of the street is the Hall, a modern building, the residence of Mr. The nearest station is at Buckden, about two miles to the north, on the London Midland and Scottish Railway.
Diddington Brook, which runs into the Ouse, rises near Long Stowe.
The parish was inclosed in 1797, by Private Act of Parliament. 1) in Diddington may be identified with the manor held in the time of Edward the Confessor by Earl Waltheof. 2) In 1086 it belonged to the fee of the Countess Judith (fn.
3) and later with other of her Huntingdonshire lands formed part of the Honour of Huntingdon. 4) On the death of John, Earl of Huntingdon, Diddington was assigned to his youngest sister Ada the wife of Henry Hastings. 5) It was held of Laurence Hastings, Earl of Pembroke, at his death in 1348, (fn. In 1086 Alan the sewer held the manor of Countess Judith, (fn. 13) In 1280 Henry, son of Henry Seymour, and his wife Rose granted the manor to their overlord William Grimbald, (fn.
7) but no successor can be traced till 1197–98, when the manor was held by William Grimbald. 11) The latter forfeited his lands about 1267 and Henry III granted the manor to William Chabeneys, (fn. 14) son of Robert Grimbald son of the above William the grantor. 15) William the grandson married Mabel, the sister of John Kirkby, Bishop of Ely, (fn. 19) In 1310 she granted it to her younger son William, (fn. 1500, when a new south chapel was built, the clearstory added, and the north aisle remodelled with larger windows; slightly later the tower was built, together with the western angles of the nave, the western bay of the north aisle being pulled down. The east wall of the chancel was rebuilt in the 17th century, (fn.
This William was the son of Robert Grimbald (living 1130–33) and Maud, daughter of Pain de Houghton, Robert being the son of Grimbald the sewer possibly related to Alan the sewer, the Domesday holder in Diddington. 8) In 1197–98 William Grimbald subenfeoffed the manor as half a knight's fee to Henry Seymour, who did homage to him. 9) The next tenant seems to have been Geoffrey Seymour, (fn. 16) and in 1288 he granted the manor to the Bishop. 17) In 1291, on the bishop's death, it passed to his brother William, (fn. 20) who died seised in 1328 and was succeeded by his son William, then a minor. 21) The latter died in 1350, leaving as his heir his son Robert, a boy of five, (fn. 24) and in 1375, Nicholas Grimbald, as cousin and heir of William Grimbald, granted his right in it to Alice and her fourth husband Richard Hemingford and the heirs of Richard. 25) The immediate successor of Hemingford has not been traced, but in 1441 Robert Stretton sold Grimbald's manor to various feoffees including John Gatle and his heirs. 26) About this date or a little later, Walter Taylard of Wrestlingworth (co. 33) The estates of her son Thomas Lord Brudenell were sequestrated under the Commonwealth, (fn. The older parts of the walls are of stone rubble mostly plastered; the tower is of red bricks with stone dressings, the south porch of red bricks plastered over, and the east wall of the chancel is of yellow bricks. Although mentioned in the Domesday Survey (1086), the nucleus of the present church is the chancel and nave of the first half of the 13th century, to which a north aisle was added c. The south porch is later still, and in the 17th century the chancel was shortened and a yellow brick east wall built. 81) but the modern three-light window has inner jambs and arch of 14th-century date reused.
22) who predeceased his mother Alice Waldshef, on whom the manor had been settled. Beds.) is said to have bought the manor of Diddington. 27) If so this must have been Grimbald's manor, as both the other manors (q.v.) were at this date in different hands. 34) but with her consent the manors of Diddington were given to their second son Edmund, (fn. The rest of the chancel is of mid-13th-century date.